Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2017 is off to a good start for you!
2016 has been an amazing year! I've had the opportunity to try different restaurants and foods. I would like to share with you our yearly roundup of the best things we've ate and tried this year and where you can find it.
|Ajitama Ramen - ZUNDO-YA|
ZUNDO-YA lets you choose the noodle type and broth richness which ranges from light, regular, rich, and super rich. I think that's pretty awesome!
|Matcha Ice Cream - 321 Ice Cream Shop|
|Prosciutto & Melon - Jamie's Italian|
14. During our cruise last year, Will and I visited Jamie's Italian for dinner one night. One of the appetizers we ordered was the Prosciutto & Melon which I absolutely enjoyed. I was on a Prosciutto binge last year. The prosciutto and melon was amazing and delicious. It complemented each other very well.
|Bruschetta Di Parma - Piccoli Trattoria|
|The Surprisingly Green Mocktail - Doka Square|
|Fettuccine alla Bolognese - Basta Pasta|
|Lobster Bisque - Island Creek Oyster Bar|
|Banana Split - Brasserie Seoul|
|Earl Grey Cream Puff - Bibble & Sip|
9. Bibble & Sip was one of the hottest dessert spots everyone was visiting last year and I wanted to jump on that wagon too and I did. I tried their Earl Grey Cream Puff which was pure earl grey heaven! The cream puff was flaky, soft, and absolutely delightful. The earl grey cream filling was absolute bliss. I took my sweet time eating it so I can enjoy and savor each and every bite.
8. My sister had her wedding banquet at Jing Fong last November and the appetizer dish was this beautiful lobster salad. I've had a lot of different lobster salads in the last few years, but this one really stuck out to me. The lobster was delicious and cooked just right. I've always enjoyed the Asian-style lobster salad, but the design of this dish is just breathtakingly beautiful. I like that it is served individually in this serving plate/spoon.
7. I absolutely steamed rice noodle roll especially when it's bathed in peanut and hoisin sauce. It's absolutely wonderful. When I saw this menu item on E Noodle Cafe's Yelp, I knew instantly that Will and I had to have it when we had lunch there once and we did. We both really enjoyed it, super satisfying Hong Kong style dish.
6. Will introduced me to this congee and I absolutely adore it and love it. I never knew about it until now. The Sampan Congee includes pork, fresh sliced fish, peanuts, fried cruller, shrimp, squid, scallops and etc. It's a popular dish apparently. I've never been a huge fan of congee until recently, it's quite soothing and fun to eat especially on cold wintry days.
|Lobster Salad - Jing Fong|
|Steamed Rice Noodle Roll - E Noodle Cafe|
|Sampan (Tengzhai) Congee - E Noodle Cafe|
|Irish Five Onion Soup - Banter Irish Bar and Kitchen|
|Akamaru Modern - Ippudo Westside|
|Matcha Ice Cream - Taiyaki NYC|
|Mushroom Friti - Jamie's Italian|
|Classic Tonkotsu Ramen - Ichiran|
As always, hope you enjoyed the list that's been put together. Last year, I definitely had a true love for matcha, prosciutto, seafood, and as always ramen. This year I intend on visiting more ramen shops and eating more bowls of ramen.